Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Letters to Juliet

Dear Claire,

"What" and "If" are two words as non-threatening as words can be. But put them together side-by-side and they have the power to haunt you for the rest of your life:

What if? What if? What if?

I don't know how your story ended but if what you felt then was true love, then it's never too late. If it was true then, why wouldn't it be true now? You need only the courage to follow your heart.

I don't know what a love like Juliet's feels like - love to leave loved ones for, love to cross oceans for but I'd like to believe if I ever were to feel it, that I will have the courage to seize it. And, Claire, if you didn't, I hope one day that you will.

All my love,
Juliet

- Letters to Juliet

I just sat there and enjoyed every moment as I watch another happy ending.

I'm not a skeptic of love, I embrace it.

It's not because I've never felt heartbroken or gone through loneliness. I know love to be a beautiful thing because it helped me overcame that brokenness and all the pain I felt.

I will not let myself give up on love because love never fails. And if there was one person who made me see this, it would be God Himself.

He made me see that it is a blessing to love people above all other things, to even give your life for them.

Yes, He goes through the heartaches that we go through today. He feels pain but probably a million times more. We'd never think that He could feel this but He can because after all, we are a part of who He is.

Yet when we reject Him,

Did He walk away? Did He ever leave us?

No.

He still loves us and He will continue to risk everyday loving us unconditionally until we come back to Him and even if we don't.

You know, when I saw what He did for me. I told myself, I want to love people like that.



No comments:

Post a Comment

glorious shouts